1. Understand your customer.
Getting to know your customers is the most important stage of the marketing process. The more accurate your information and knowledge, the more effective you will be at promoting your brand, product or service. Use all the information at your disposal to understand customer’s behavior, demographics, and needs. This information should steer your major business decisions and allow you to create an effective marketing plan.
2. Create your marketing plan.
Develop your strategy in the form of a written marketing plan, as this will ensure all members of your business understand the company direction. The plan is a comprehensive and well-researched document, which covers all essential aspects of taking your products/ services to the customer. When developing the plan, ask yourself the following questions.
- Where are we now?
- Where do we want to be?
- What opportunities exist in the environment?
- What media channels can I promote within and achieve a strong ROI (return on investment).
- Make sure you constantly analyse your results and adjust your marketing strategy and plan accordingly.
3. Design your product and service around your customer.
Once you have a marketing plan in place, you need to make sure your product or service is tailored to your customer – from the packaging, the way it is promoted, to the way you display it. Businesses often fall into the trap of making the product they want to sell, rather than designing and presenting things in the way the customer wants.
For more information on Marketing, Website Design, Graphic Design, Social Media Marketing or PPC / Google AdWords contact us today!