With a quarter of global web searches carried out on mobile devices, having a mobile friendly website is no longer a choice – not doing so is business suicide. Studies show that within 3 years the number of people accessing the Internet via their mobiles will overtake those accessing it via PC.
The reality is, if your website isn’t optimised for mobile you’re losing sales and brand respect.
Levels of Mobile Friendliness:
- Completely incompatible: sites that are entirely Flash-based cannot be accessed from a mobile device.
- Pinch-&-zoom: these sites work on touch-based devices but users have to “pinch-&-zoom”. When the site comes up nothing can be seen without zooming in. This takes a lot more effort and customers easily lose track of where they are on the site.
- Mobile friendly: the page layouts are device appropriate, fonts can be read without zooming in and it’s easy to navigate around the site.
Check-up: Pick up your mobile, and go to your site. Ask yourself the following questions:
- Is the content easy to read without zooming in?
- Is it easy to navigate around the site?
- Are you able to identify and activate the call to action?
- Would you want to spend time on the website (if it wasn’t yours)?
- Do you think it provides a good user experience?
If you mainly answered “no”, then contact us today to find out how we can help you get your site mobile-friendly.